I attended a Wedding Preps 101 Seminar led by Tita Celia Cunanan (former President of the Philippine Association of Wedding Planners) last August 2013 and here are some of my learnings:
– Bring a cloth swatch to make sure that they get the right shade you want.
– Chocolate flavored cakes are discouraged! Delikado kasi eh. What if some chocolate cake gets stuck sa front teeth mo? Good luck na lang sa pictures diba?
– “Kitchen Cakes” — only a portion of the cake is real (as in yun hihiwain niyo lang) and then the real cake (called a Kitchen Cake) is in storage during the party tapos you can easily take it home after the party. You don’t have to take home the tall fancy “unedible” cake =) Kasi parang ang hirap ilagay yun sa car. Hehehe!
2. Hotel should be near the ceremony venue.
3. What do brides usually forget?
– SHOES!!! Apparently, it’s just sooo hard to get the right pair of shoes! Kaya agahan ang paghanap dearies. Sometimes daw, kahit na nagpa-customized ka, hindi mo pala type yung end product. OR, hindi comfy yung end product. So napipilitan si bride mag last minute shopping. Eh what if 2 days to go na lang before your big day diba? Stress yun! So agahan natin ito. For those who will customize their shoes, make sure to get it at least two months before your big day.
– Matches / Candle Lighter
– Offertory Candle – this is different from the one that the secondary sponsors will use..
4. Apart from food, what do guests usually remember?
– A bad host
– Delayed arrival of the couple
– A looong program
Guests will NOT complain to the couple directly. They normally complain to the coordinator and as per Tita Celia, those are the things palagi nirereklamo ng mga guests =)
Nako, ipinaglaban ko talaga yang delayed arrival of the couple na yan. Hahaha! Eh kasi we have two photogs – Dino Lara and Benjie Tiongco. Sayang naman ang binayad namin if hindi namin sila susulitin diba?? Pero ang paulit-ulit na sinasabi sa akin ni Tita Celia was, “If ikaw ang guest, ano gusto mo mangyari? Gusto mo ba na maghintay ng ganon katagal?” So fine! Pero… Haay.. Bahala na! Hehehe!
5. What do brides usually overspend for (but should actually scrimp on)?
– Huge wedding cakes
Ito yung opinion ni Tita Celia ha. She has nothing against them naman pero parang sayang lang daw sa pera. Especially daw the butterflies. They cost several thousand bucks sabay itatapon lang yung butterflies in less than one minute. Hehehe! Pero ang ganda niya sa pictures ano???
6. What do brides usually scrimp on (but should actually invest more of)?
– A good host
– Games w/ prizes
– Musicians that are not so noisy kasi hindi nagkakarinigan ang mga guests
7. Gifts for principal sponsors (and/or parents?) — This can actually be given to them as soon as you give the invitation as well as the cloth swatch. Para hindi na sila mahirapan magkarga ng gift, especially if it’s something bulky.
8. Acceptable ways of giving souvenirs to guests in general
– It can be per person, for girls only or per couple / per family